
Well what can I say? Yet another week has come and gone. As is quoted in a song which I can not remember the name of nor the singer for: “Yesterday is history and history is miles away”. I can not even begin to describe to you how much more rapidly time here gets gobbled up as the last months draw to a close. Suffice it to say, it keeps ticking away. Although this is something which is not altogether good, I have come to realize that it is not altogether bad either. In a sense, it gives me a better understanding of what I have yet to do in the time remaining. What better way to understand the importance of each moment than to learn how quickly they come and go. We must make the most of every moment we have, learning, growing, and exploring all that is left for us to do. We do not dwell on things gone by; we do not fret things yet to come. Rather we live in the only time we are promised to have, we live in the moment surrounding us. Making the most of every opportunity as it is written.
This past week has been a quiet one, as many (all but 8 students) either returned home or went away to YQ in Saskatchewan for our spring semester reading break. I found myself alone in room 309 this week, and I have to say that it was rather nice to have a silent and still place to come and work; even though I had visitors on and off coming in from the other rooms.
Last Monday, several people gathered very early in the morning to go up to Mount Washington and spend the day on the slopes. Some of us, decided to stay back and get some homework done instead. I was one of those people. And it was nice because I actually got about half way through the next textbook which we had to have read for out upcoming Gospels class. Plus, I was able to make a trip into town and pick up a seven dollar basketball…man does it feel good to hold a basketball again! Unfortunately, with all the papers and due dates we have in the next week I have been less than able to get out and spend much time on the court. This will change.
On Tuesday we spent another full day with Lech Bekesza, it was very good. We got to spend a lot of time talking about the role of women in the church and as missionaries as well as the role that women had, as well as the men, in the fall (when Adam and Eve were booted out of the Garden of Eden). Interesting to note, for all those who think women are the root or cause of evil that Adam was standing right next to her when she took the apple from the serpent. As well, Adam was the only one to whom the command was directly given in regards of what the rules were, and he said nothing during this trial. I am not saying this to put any blame on men, I am simply stating that it was interesting and very reassuring of what the real biblical truth is, when so many people do not know it for what it is. All in all, it was a good class.
On Wednesday, we had a rather relaxing day, I say this mostly because there is nothing written on the schedule and I do not in fact remember what happened on Wednesday…other than the fact that we had a chapel service and got to hear from Jordana about her personal story.
Thursday, much the same as Wednesday, went by with little to be made note of, other than the fact that it was the first official day of reading break and many people headed out on that day.
On one of those two seemingly uneventful days, I had the incredibly annoying experience of biting down into a very tasty piece of chocolate only to find that it had caused my bottom jaw permanent retainer to break off on one side. Now that I think about this I do believe that it happened on Tuesday night of all nights, because I had to go through all of Wednesday with a wire hanging loosely in my mouth as I called and called many a different dental office until finally finding one which had an open appointment for Thursday afternoon. Let me just say that trying to eat with a little metal bar in your mouth is not much fun, especially when it flops loosely in your mouth…my heart goes out to every horse who ever was guided by a bit…I feel your pain. But back to the tale, I was able to get in on Thursday and had the remaining scrap metal removed from my teeth before getting moulds taken in order to build a new one. This is not a fun process. Ill-tasting goop filling your mouth and blocking the path of saliva to get down your throat is not something one would do for fun. When that was over, I was told that I would need to return on Friday to pick up the new mouth piece. Meanwhile, Jayme, Phil, Ryan and Adrian got to spend some quality time together walking around in Nanaimo and then having dinner at BP.
Friday came and Jordana and I made the trip back into Nanaimo to pick up the plastic piece of newly made retainer which fit like a charm. The remainder of Friday passed by rather uneventfully apart from the fact that much more reading was done.

Saturday, now that was a day which will be remembered. Those of us who had made the choice to stay behind took a trip out to Saltspring Island for the day. We first went to the grocery store to pick up sandwich making supplies for a picnic to be had at a very nice spot by the water which I knew about from a previous trip to the island on our last reading break. After spending some time there we went to a small ice cream shop and then to a second had thrift store before heading out to find a fancy hike up Mount Maxwell…the thing is, we never found this place. Instead we took a long and adventurous drive throughout the island and discovered many a great place where pictures were taken, memories were made and fun was had. We came back after stopping for dinner on the island and playing a little Frisbee in the parking lot with a few friendly dogs. It was a great day.
Sunday, this day went along much like any other Sunday, we went to church and then out for lunch to the home of one of the families. During this time we got to meet a woman who is a new Christian and has had some interesting experiences with spiritual warfare in her life. Then it was back home to hit the books.
Today also saw us spending much of the day with our heads in the books or in front of a computer screen to write a paper. It was a productive day, I got up at 11 and was able to clean all my laundry and clean and vacuum our room as well as take out the garbage, then I wrote a six page paper and finished up that text book I was reading. Now this blog has come to an end and since the YQ people have only just arrived I will leave you here to go and hear the tales they have no doubt brought back with them…until next blog.
This past week has been a quiet one, as many (all but 8 students) either returned home or went away to YQ in Saskatchewan for our spring semester reading break. I found myself alone in room 309 this week, and I have to say that it was rather nice to have a silent and still place to come and work; even though I had visitors on and off coming in from the other rooms.
Last Monday, several people gathered very early in the morning to go up to Mount Washington and spend the day on the slopes. Some of us, decided to stay back and get some homework done instead. I was one of those people. And it was nice because I actually got about half way through the next textbook which we had to have read for out upcoming Gospels class. Plus, I was able to make a trip into town and pick up a seven dollar basketball…man does it feel good to hold a basketball again! Unfortunately, with all the papers and due dates we have in the next week I have been less than able to get out and spend much time on the court. This will change.
On Tuesday we spent another full day with Lech Bekesza, it was very good. We got to spend a lot of time talking about the role of women in the church and as missionaries as well as the role that women had, as well as the men, in the fall (when Adam and Eve were booted out of the Garden of Eden). Interesting to note, for all those who think women are the root or cause of evil that Adam was standing right next to her when she took the apple from the serpent. As well, Adam was the only one to whom the command was directly given in regards of what the rules were, and he said nothing during this trial. I am not saying this to put any blame on men, I am simply stating that it was interesting and very reassuring of what the real biblical truth is, when so many people do not know it for what it is. All in all, it was a good class.
On Wednesday, we had a rather relaxing day, I say this mostly because there is nothing written on the schedule and I do not in fact remember what happened on Wednesday…other than the fact that we had a chapel service and got to hear from Jordana about her personal story.
Thursday, much the same as Wednesday, went by with little to be made note of, other than the fact that it was the first official day of reading break and many people headed out on that day.
On one of those two seemingly uneventful days, I had the incredibly annoying experience of biting down into a very tasty piece of chocolate only to find that it had caused my bottom jaw permanent retainer to break off on one side. Now that I think about this I do believe that it happened on Tuesday night of all nights, because I had to go through all of Wednesday with a wire hanging loosely in my mouth as I called and called many a different dental office until finally finding one which had an open appointment for Thursday afternoon. Let me just say that trying to eat with a little metal bar in your mouth is not much fun, especially when it flops loosely in your mouth…my heart goes out to every horse who ever was guided by a bit…I feel your pain. But back to the tale, I was able to get in on Thursday and had the remaining scrap metal removed from my teeth before getting moulds taken in order to build a new one. This is not a fun process. Ill-tasting goop filling your mouth and blocking the path of saliva to get down your throat is not something one would do for fun. When that was over, I was told that I would need to return on Friday to pick up the new mouth piece. Meanwhile, Jayme, Phil, Ryan and Adrian got to spend some quality time together walking around in Nanaimo and then having dinner at BP.
Friday came and Jordana and I made the trip back into Nanaimo to pick up the plastic piece of newly made retainer which fit like a charm. The remainder of Friday passed by rather uneventfully apart from the fact that much more reading was done.
Saturday, now that was a day which will be remembered. Those of us who had made the choice to stay behind took a trip out to Saltspring Island for the day. We first went to the grocery store to pick up sandwich making supplies for a picnic to be had at a very nice spot by the water which I knew about from a previous trip to the island on our last reading break. After spending some time there we went to a small ice cream shop and then to a second had thrift store before heading out to find a fancy hike up Mount Maxwell…the thing is, we never found this place. Instead we took a long and adventurous drive throughout the island and discovered many a great place where pictures were taken, memories were made and fun was had. We came back after stopping for dinner on the island and playing a little Frisbee in the parking lot with a few friendly dogs. It was a great day.
Sunday, this day went along much like any other Sunday, we went to church and then out for lunch to the home of one of the families. During this time we got to meet a woman who is a new Christian and has had some interesting experiences with spiritual warfare in her life. Then it was back home to hit the books.
Today also saw us spending much of the day with our heads in the books or in front of a computer screen to write a paper. It was a productive day, I got up at 11 and was able to clean all my laundry and clean and vacuum our room as well as take out the garbage, then I wrote a six page paper and finished up that text book I was reading. Now this blog has come to an end and since the YQ people have only just arrived I will leave you here to go and hear the tales they have no doubt brought back with them…until next blog.

1 comment:
Come home and do my laundry! JK!!! I am glad that you had a great week. If you would keep the family that had that accident the weekend of Breakforth in everyones prayers there again. The mom, Judy, found out that she will probably not be able to eat and swallow ever again, except through a tube into her stomach, and she will not be able to sing ever again either (she was a part of a drama and singing group in PG). These are very depressing issues for her, and she wishes to just die. She needs a miracle. The dad and son have gone back to PG, so she is alone in the hospital in Edm.
Love you, Mom
Post a Comment